Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Aiming for the Middle

When the crazy train left the other day with me not only fully on board but actually driving, I was deep into my all-or-nothing mindset. It wasn't OK that I had gone over my calories by 100, it was THE END OF THE WORLD.

Now that I'm back in sane-town, I'm fighting hard to stay in the middle. My calorie range is between 1500-1700, and last night I tallied 1600 for the day. Perfect, right? Not in this crazy head! If I was really, really serious, I would have had exactly 1500. Now go have a cookie to feel better cause you're never gonna get to your goals.

And here's the thing -- crazy will always be there. It's my choice whether or not I want to listen to it, and let it get in the driver's seat. Last night I didn't. 1600 was right on target, and I went to bed instead of munching.

This is progress!

Megan, how are you doing?

No comments: