Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Dreaded Birthday Party

Today is my first BIG potential stumbling block in my quest to lose weight: the first birthday party. They'll be cake, candy, chex mix, the whole thing. What to eat? What not to eat? How to use my points wisely?

I'm planning on having a big, filling lunch so I don't go to the party on empty stomach. And I'll spend my time chasing Finley rather than hanging around the food table.

In addition... we have a Halloween Party tomorrow at our neighbor's. I offered to bring some snacks for the adults so that I have something healthy to snack on.

I'll let ya know how it goes...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hola! Hope both parties were good and you did well. I managed to go for a 45 minute walk yesterday (in my 65-75% HR zone) with Mrs. B, I thought she was going to pass out. But we made it. Then I drank like four glasses of wine last night. And today I've had *wicked* cramps. Evil cramps. Mr. IUD is coming out tomorrow!