Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Finley's Mom Used to Have it Going On...

Back in the day, I was what you'd call, well... a hottie. Working out almost every day, eating well (re: Lean Cuisines) and having short, sassy hair and a wicked wit got me lots of attention (good and bad...) Then I found the man of my dreams and we settled down and about two years ago had a baby.

I always wanted to be the "hot mom," like Rachel Hunter in the "Stacey's Mom" video. And while my hair is still short and sassy, the boobs are droopy and the thighs are puffy. I stay home with Finley so there's lot of lunch dates at the mall, drive throughs and finishing whatever she doesn't. I started running and was doing well, but then... I have no idea what happened. But I stopped. But I kept eating. And bitching about eating. And taking my clothes to the consignment store because they're too small.

I'm over it.

I weigh almost as much as I did when I delivered my daughter and I refuse to pack another 30 pounds on top of that. I've taken a cue from Heather and decided to do something about it. No second baby until I lose 20 pounds. It may sound silly, losing all that weight just to "get fat," but that's what I'm gonna do. I didn't use my pregnancy as an excuse to eat, in fact I took even better care of myself then than I do know. Sigh.

So, here's where I stop bitching and start some action. Step 1: I joined Weight Watchers. Step 2: Step-up the exercise.

Stay tuned...

No comments: