Thursday, October 25, 2007

New Recipe, and thoughts for the day

Hola! M, how you doin?

I made a recipe last night that I think kicks ass:

4 c oats
1 c unsweetened applesauce
6 egg whites (or maybe it was 5)
8 dates, pitted and chopped up (which was challenging, dang those things are sticky)
Cinnamon to taste

Mix together. Throw in baking pan, and flatten out so it looks even. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Cut into 6 portions.

This makes HUGE oatmeal bars that have tons of protein and are very filling. I completely stole the recipe from someone else, and didn't add Splenda. I find that if a portion is HUGE, I can totally fool myself into thinking it's more food than it actually is. These are 250 calories, with 6 g of fiber and 10 g of protein.

I kept on track with my calories last night, and did extra cardio. Cup of coffee before the workout is like pure magic.

No comments: