Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ah Memories

This reminds me of when we started WW (me for the umpteenth time), circa early 2005, and we called each other the night before work to report the contents of our coolers: "Mexican meatloaf. Check. Strawberries. Check. Oatmeal. Check." It was all BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!

Speaking of starting WW for the umpteenth time, I can't say there's ONE reason why I've kept this 20 lb. fat suit on all this time. Everyone who knows me knows that I've been talking about losing weight for as long as I can remember. The reasons are: to prevent unwanted attention from men, to cope emotionally, as everyone knows stressed is desserts spelled backwards, to deal with the unpredictability in life, cause if I was heavy, at least it felt safe and predictable.

It doesn't matter what the reasons were. I tend to forget this and live a good portion of my life in problem avoidance/why god why/poor me land. Where I have really no right to live. Perhaps visit, but not live. I have a great life! I'm happy. Healthy. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Where was I going with this? Oh right, talking about weight loss. I'm ready to go for my goals. I'm tired of fighting myself -- the up and down cycle of I HAVE TO HAVE A COOKIE RIGHT NOW and then beating the crap out of myself for it. Nothing worth having in this life isn't achieved by hard work. So I'm ready to do it.

GO US!

No comments: