Monday, December 17, 2007

The 80% Rule

I remembered this when I was panicking from not working out last week: 80% of person's weight loss success depends on what they eat. 10% of it is exercise, 10% genetics. Isn't that incredible? I'm looking for some articles that refer to it, but it's in the Clean Eating book and cited all the time in fitness articles. I always thought that since I was working out like a demon, I had some wiggle room diet wise. Uh no.

I was hangin in the forums of Phit-N-Phat, and Corinne advised another sick client to stick with her eating plans and don't sweat (har) the workouts until she was feeling better. So that's what I did this weekend, barring an unplanned cheat meal consisting of spicy peanuts, gingerbread men and wine. And I feel sizzle lean (but I didn't weigh because my cycle started today.)

Megan, you have some positive news to share, yes?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

no wonder the scale didnt move when I kicked butt at exercising but did not cut back on calories. haha.